I am thrilled that I am getting to be in close proximity with Mani Ratnam


Only a lucky few gets noticed and appreciated in their debut film. ‘Appani’ Sarath, who impressed one and all with his performance in Mollywood film Angamaly Diaries, is now debuting in Tamil and even has a Mani Ratnam project lined up! What’s the dream ride like? Sarath tells us, “I got a few offers from Tamil in the recent past, but couldn’t take them up as I had projects in Malayalam. My first in the Tamil industry is Lingusamy’s Sandakozhi 2. I play the villain in it. 

It was while shooting for this film in December that I got a call from Mani sir’s assistant, saying that sir had watched Angamaly Diaries and liked my performance! And he goes on to say that in Mani Ratnam’s new project, there is a character for me. They asked me to send my photos and also come to the office one day, which I did when I went for the second schedule shoot of Sandakozhi 2.” 

He adds, “It’s a serious character and I did a screen test. I will start shooting my portions on March 11. I am not in a position to speak much about the role, though.” 

A self-confessed fan of Mani’s films, Sarath avers that like every other film lover, he, too, admires the movies of the maverick director. “Beyond the fact that I got to work with him, I am thrilled that I am getting to be in close proximity with Mani Ratnam. I am super thrilled and happy. I have not spoken to him yet, but I believe it’s truly a blessing that such an opportunity has come my way. I love Tamil and can speak and understand it very well. After Angamaly Diaries, I was interested in acting in Tamil films and had applied for auditions. Next year, you can expect a few Tamil films featuring me as the hero. The discussions are on, and the scripts are almost done,” he signs off.

PUBLISHED IN TIMES OF INDIA DAILY ENGLISH NEWS PAPER DATED 25/02/2018

0 Comments:


 

CONTACT ADMIN : teamstrofficial@gmail.com