There couldn’t have been a better launchpad in films than with Mani Ratnam: Dayana Erappa




Mani Ratnam has always been known for identifying talent. The latest one being introduced by him is the Coorg lass and former Miss India finalist, Dayana Erappa. “This was a surreal experience. I got a call from Mani Ratnam’s production house, during which they asked me to send pictures. I had to figure out if it was genuine and once verified, I sent the pictures. I didn’t hear from them for long. Three months later, I got a call asking me to audition in Mumbai. Once I did and my video was sent to Mani sir, he asked me to fly down to Chennai for another video test. This time, I was given a different set of lines. He was impressed with how I could pick the language and lines, despite not being from Chennai. 

I explained how living in Bengaluru had me knowing many languages and that I can converse in Tamil and Malayalam, too. A few days later, I was informed that I’d bagged a role in his film. I thought it would be a small role and was thrilled at getting the experience of working with a filmmaker like him. But when they announced the film saying they are introducing me, I realised that I was one of the leads,” says an excited Dayana, who has already undergone a workshop for the film. She is slated to begin shooting in March. “There couldn’t have been a better launch pad for me in films. I’d never thought of a career in films like this, but I’m nervous, too, as it will be a brand new journey all over again,” she says, adding that she is eagerly waiting to meet her co-stars and begin work.

PUBLISHED IN TIMES OF INDIA (CHENNAI TIMES) DAILY ENGLISH NEWS PAPER DATED 14/02/2018

0 Comments:


 

CONTACT ADMIN : teamstrofficial@gmail.com