Simbu to star in Tamil remake of Potugadu


Lagadapati Sridhar is one person who believes that hard work and a good theme always draws an audience to the theatres. Though many were of the opinion that the time was not right to release a film, throwing all caution to the wind, Sridhar released Potugadu. "I was extremely confident of the content. Despite running for 10 days, the shows are still sold-out, even on weekdays," says Sridhar. 

The producer has returned after a two-year gap with this film, which is a remake of Govindaya Namaha, a Kannada movie. Unlike his usual big-star films, his comeback vehicle is a relatively small one. "I always believe in the subject and talent. When I heard about this movie, I thought it was a unique subject that will strike a chord with the audience here as well," he adds. 

Talking about his banner Ramalakshmi Cine Creations, he says since "he always makes good films, the exhibitors were not too worried about his movie". Citing an example of Evadi Gola Vaidi, he says, "Though the film released in 2005, the movie gets high TRPs even today." Since then, he has been coming up with different kinds of publicity gimmicks for his films. And Potugadu is no exception. "I have already printed the film's poster, depicting it as if the film ran for 100 days. This is because my first two films, which collected the revenue in 100 days, are equal to this movie's first week collections," says a proud Sridhar. 

He is also planning to remake Potugadu in Tamil. "I brought rights for all the languages, and I will remake this in Tamil with Simbu as the lead. He helped my Telugu film and sang a song, so this is just like a gift to him. I'm also looking at remaking it in Hindi," he adds. When asked what his success mantra is, he quips, "The harder you work, the luckier you get." 

Published In TIMES OF INDIA Daily English News Paper Dated 26-September-2013 

Manoj Manchu Replied To Our Tweet 


 

CONTACT ADMIN : teamstrofficial@gmail.com