Happy to make people happy - VTV Ganesh

VTV Ganesh calls his foray into acting a ‘freak accident’. According to him, he was persuaded by Gautham Menon to act in Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa, a role initially written for Vivek. He also credits Simbu, the hero of the film, for making him feel comfortable as an actor. “I wasn’t sure at all. A. R. Rahman was composing music, and they wanted me to act with Simbu. It sounded pretty ridiculous in my head.”

Of course, he has become a household name after the success of his role as a middle-aged cinematographer in VTV. “Director Sundar C recently told me that I was lucky to have established myself as a comedian after just one film!” he says. After acting in several movies as the protagonist’s sidekick, he starred in a leading role in his home production Inga Enna Solludhu that released early this year to lukewarm reception. “I blame myself for its failure and take it as a lesson that a good script is fundamental to a movie’s success,” he says. A producer first, Ganesh is ready with his next production, one in which he won’t play the hero. “I’ve signed Vaibhav (with whom he’s acting in the upcoming Kappal) and picked the script after much deliberation. We will begin shooting in a few weeks.” 

Upcoming projects include Simbu-starrer Vaalu, G.V. Prakash-starrer Pencil, and Karthik G. Krish’s directorial debut Kappal. “In Kappal, I play a flirtatious bachelor who likes to party,” he says. When he learnt that Kappal was to be directed by a Shankar protégé, he immediately jumped in. “I play an experienced IT employee, but that doesn’t stop me from being slippered at Teynampet signal! It’s all for laughs.” And Ganesh is a popular now. When he visits the tea shop near Nandanam Arts College, a shop he has frequented for the last 15 years, students mimic his lines or ask him why he’s coming to such a modest place. “‘Inga enna solludhu?’ they say, quoting my line from Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa.” On the road, random people offer to give him a lift. Ganesh rubbishes his chances of playing a serious, character-oriented role. “I’m taken seriously as a comedian and I’m happy making people happy.” 

Did he ever think his trademark, hoarse voice could one day become an asset? “No, never,” he says, “People like Simbu and Santhanam imitate my voice regularly. Perhaps I should consider insuring it!”
Source : THE HINDU

0 Comments:


 

CONTACT ADMIN : teamstrofficial@gmail.com