I owe Simbu everything: Santhanam

You’ve also now jumped into the horror genre with Dhillukku Dhuddu. 
It is a horror-coated romantic-comedy, where the horror isn’t just included as an after-thought. Like each of my earlier films as hero, this will also be a commercial entertainer.

Television opened the doors into cinema for actors like you and Sivakarthikeyan. Why aren’t we really seeing such shows any more? 
I was lucky to have been spotted by Simbu, who cast me in Manmadhan. He took a leaf out of Balachander’s book, when he presented me with an opportunity and saw my talent taking wing. As for television, I think channels should have brought in more comedy shows to interest the youth. 
  
You seem to be rather close to Simbu, and have appeared in cameos in his films. 
It’s just a small way of reciprocating what he has done for me. I owe him everything, and the best way to thank him is to let my work do the talking.

( CLICK HERE to read full Interview )
Source : The Hindu

0 Comments:


 

CONTACT ADMIN : teamstrofficial@gmail.com