I won't have an arranged marriage: STR

Simbu, aka STR, is back to his first love. After playing   the   quintessential   lover   boy  in Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya (VTV), and Cable Raja in Vaanam, Simbu is now back to  what he  is best known for —  spewing  punchy dialogues and thrashing a thousand goons at one go. Yes, the actor will do a Chulbul Pandey in Vosthi, the Tamil remake of the Hindi superhit Dabangg. 


"This is the first time I'm playing a cop. I've been hitting the gym with a vengeance to get the beefed-up look that Salman had in the original. Moreover, I am experimenting with the Tirunelveli dialect, which I have not done so far in my career," says Simbu.
Since the original version was a runaway hit, is there any pressure on Simbu to repeat that magic? "I have erased everything about Dabangg from my mind as I didn't want to get inspired. If I keep worrying about the fate of the film now, I will stress myself out completely. I am looking at the film from a new perspective and trying to give it my best," says the actor.


Now that the shoot for the film has begun, one thing that's on everybody's mind is whether Vosthi will have a Munni. "Definitely! There are a lot of discussions going on and we are on the lookout for someone who can pull off the item number with grace," reveals Simbu.


Is it true that Salman refused to give Simbu tips on how he prepared for Dabangg? "There is no truth at all to these reports. The shoot is under way, but I haven't been able to meet Salman. He was quite busy with his projects and that's the reason his brother Arbaaz Khan stepped in for the launch of Vosthi. But we are planning to invite him in future, probably for the audio release of the film," says Simbu, who also has Poda Podi and Vettai Mannan in the pipeline.


And if all goes well, Simbu might strum the guitar and go down on his knees again for love in the sequel to VTV. "Director Gautham Vasudev Menon did talk to me about making a sequel and I wouldn't mind reprising the role of Karthik as it changed my image in the industry," says the actor.


However, Simbu says his own love life is quite unexciting at the moment. "I'm not seeing anyone and I have no plans of settling down anytime soon," he maintains. Is he open to the idea of an arranged marriage sometime in the future, then? "I will never opt for an arranged marriage. I don't want to get married just for the heck of it. I should be able to connect to my girl," says one of the most eligible bachelors in K-town. 
source: Times of india

0 Comments:


 

CONTACT ADMIN : teamstrofficial@gmail.com